Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have one of the early Kindle (Model no:D01100) and am

I have one of the early Kindle (Model no:D01100) and am having trouble charging it. Also I can no longer connect with the Wifi. I did close my Amazon account last year because my system got hacked. Would this be part of the problem
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Hi!

Charging your Kindle would not have anything to do with you closing your Amazon account.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow 30 minutes for a charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I Have tried the reboot and it still does not hold a charge. It was bought as a Christmas present 2-3 years ago
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

The method that I have provided is slightly different from the basic reboot that you do while holding down the buttons.