Cory
Cory, Computer Technician
Experience:  Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years
8685120

I have a really frustrating problem with my

Customer Question

Hello, I have a really frustrating problem with my Microsoft/Outlook account, I can sign in but when I do I get the message saying "Account Temporarily suspended", There wouldn't be a problem with the standard recovery form but I have the highly regarded two-step verification on my account so it blocks my recovery requests, I've been told the method is different for two step users but I can't find the way to do it.
The Microsoft employee I spoke to on the phone seemed as unsure about this as me and couldn't give me any advice, at the very least I'd wish to know if I could find out when the suspension is over, I hope this isn't as big a problem as it seems for me, I put two step on to stop me from ever being locked out of my account but it seems to have done the complete opposite.
If you can get me back in to my account I will have no problem letting the money go as I really need my account back, thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I hope my problem isn't too complicated.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please see what you can do, I feel I have been left in the dark on this situation.
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Please click http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ec75a47e-c45a-41fd-a795-60bd24acf766 and follow the prompts to connect remotely.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I've downloaded it...
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

Helped customer with recovery process via remote connection.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Cory, you were helping me last Thursday when I was trying to access my Microsoft account and we settled waiting the 30 days for the request.Since then I have found the 25 digit code and recovered my account resetting the security info like we were going to do last time, It still gives me the Temporarily Suspended message though, very frustrating, I hope there is something else that can be done.
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

Thomas,

Is this through the password ***** tool after you verified it with your phone number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for responding.Yes, I got to the bit where it asked me for the 25 digit reset code and used it, I had my security info successfully reset and was given a new code, but when I went to sign in I still got the same Temporarily Suspended message.when i search recover account on google it shows this under the link:Recover your account - Sign In
https://account.live.com/ACSR
What Microsoft account are you trying to get back into? Note: If you've turned on two-step verification, you can't recover your account this way. Where should we ...But I can't find where it follows up.
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

You are going to have to wait until the day we discussed. I am not able to do anything about this.

If you need to follow up with this, please let me know.

Cory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you are sure that it will get rid of the suspension then I have no problem waiting the 30 days, but I'm uncertain that it will.I've been told that all this is was a security check, I have everything I need to sign in to my account, every password ***** now security codes as well, I have paid for assistance because no one else will help me, I just want to be sure that I'll get my account back, even if it takes 30 days.I hope you understand my frustration, Thank you.
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

Thomas,

I can connect remotely again and try it if you'd like.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, when will you be ready?
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

I can right now

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok. thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Cory, since we last spoke I've tried two separate recovery form's with no luck, I am trying this last support form to see if it works this time with the reset security options, I will get back to you with if it worked or not.
Expert:  Cory replied 11 months ago.

Ok, Thomas.

Please keep me up-to-date on this.

Cory