Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

When I try to open a word or excel document I get an error

Customer Question

When I try to open a word or excel document I get an error message stating C/program files (x86) Microsoft Office/Root/Office 16/Appvlsv Subsystem 32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media. Error status 0xc0000020.
I do not have the original installation media
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows xp, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting for additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=17f6b9e2-6702-4070-b164-ee6981a62150

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going? Were you able to download the remote tool using the procedures I gave you? If yes, please make sure that you double click on the downloaded file, click on OK or YES (affirmative) in a pop up that may show up, to successfully run the tool and join me in the remote session.

If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, your screen froze. Can you close any prompt that appears on your screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,Are you still available to help correct my computer program.Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am still here. But the remote screen froze. Please try to run the remote tool again, the one that you downloaded, named "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client" to re-join me in the session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going? I am still waiting in the remote session.

Please use this link again:

Make sure to run the downloaded file after downloading to join me in the session.