Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

THANKS for my first help earlier today. my second laptop

THANKS for my first help earlier today.
my second laptop now. It has just been loaded with WINDOWS 10. Wen first switched on and it comes to the desk top . At this stage it asks for PASSWORD. Even after ,with your help , I have got my WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER password ***** I have been unable to enter a recognised password ***** the WINDOWS 10 computer to open up from the laptop.
The best result would be to open he computer , get to the stage where I can cancel the need for the DESK TOP password
in other words at this stage bypass the need for the first password. as at present the computer can't be used AT ALL.
GEORGE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please let me know the followings about your problematic Windows 10 laptop:

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The screen shows George *******
***@******.***
password at log in screen
sorry but I am off to bed now hope to hear from you AM tomorrow

On your working computer (or on your working tablet or smartphone), do you currently have access to the email address? Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

No problem. Please get back to me tomorrow to continue. Also, let me provide a couple of solutions you can try when you are available.

Solution #1:

1. On another working computer (or on a working tablet or smartphone), go to the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.

3. Then in the first box, type in the exact email address as shown on the problematic computer.

4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.

5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password

, then try it on the problematic computer.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following steps on the problematic computer:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Tomorrow, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi-Viet , sorry for delay.
Following on from your message 01/08/2016 10:51
Solution #2 line #6 When prompted :-
I tries this solution , it worked but I have stopped before selecting any option.
I am ready for further instruction , May I lay out my problem from here.
My lap top which had windows 7 , I was loading free WINDOWS 10 from internet , once fully loaded I opened it up it up.
At the "desktop" it showed ***@******.*** with a Password *****
I don’t know exactly what I did (smile ) but I did view several screens of WINDOWS 10 screen pages the only time I have done so I was inside windows 10.
The laptop was then closed.
At a later date I opened laptop , at the desktop it would NOT pass the request for password.
I have since tried all “passwords” I can think of to no avail, I am stuck.
My request at this stage is ( A ) WITH YOUR HELP CLEAR THE PROBLEM TO ALLOW EASY ACCESS TO WINDOWS 10 AND THE LAPTOP IN GENERAL
The alternative would be ( B ) to access the “return to windows 7” which is part of the offer Microsoft gives. ( I know this would lose me Windows 10 ) but it would give me a working laptop.
I know it has been my fault but I have no recall of what I did, I was inside but now
can’t get past password
George **********
Please resend your e-mails requesting me for rating of your help

You're welcome. If you still need help with this issue, then I can connect remotely to your working computer, then I can fix your problematic computer's password ***** through your working computer first, then it will work on the problematic computer. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to clarify I have gone through your suggestion up to No. 6. I HAVE NOT TRIED ANY OF ITS OPTIONS.HOPE THIS IS CLEAR

OK, wait, don't try anything more for now. Do you need any data / file on the problematic computer?

- Do you have another working computer? If yes, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi-Viet
I have it backed up my files to disc so NO
Can I clear to you the problematic computer can be switched on but can go no further.
Yes I have an other computer running windows 7 its very slow and in very poor condition (its the one I am using now )
I would not want you to have access to it
So what can be done ?, can the file within widows 10 which would run to restore windows 7 to the computer be used ?
Or if I purchased a copy of windows 7 and loaded it to computer would this solve the problem by allowing the computer to function ,or is it a clear sweep and load windows 10 that is needed ?
Regards ***** ***** , we are part way through the problem , I hope to give a better rating shortly as answer show, but please advise. THANKS
GEORGE ********** ( OFF TO BED NOW )

You're welcome. Yes, I will continue to help you.

1. Were you able to follow my instructions for Solution #1? If yes, then you should be able to sign in the problematic computer. Then click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery, then if available, select the option to go back to your previous Windows 7 (or 8), and continue.

- Or are you stuck at any step in Solution #1?

2. Otherwise, please continue with Solution #2. Yes, please continue with step #6 (select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.)

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi-VIET,
At last have got the Windows 10 to work, your solution #2,reset,option reset PC, just remove your files. THANK YOU .
It allowed to open Without password ***** a look around not tried to reload my files but I am happy. Have entered a rating for you and a tip .
who have you been helping ? 76 year old , one finger typing due to A VERY shaky hand due to stroke , 2 X Cancer so a very big thanks
My account , can I have a detailed account, I hope not to use to need help again but give me detail of my options.
Again very many thanks ??
GEORGE ******** ( OFF TO BED NOW ) where are you in the world ?? thanks

You're very welcome. Great. I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing. I'm from the USA. You can always go to our website JustAnswer.com for support. Thank you very much for your patience.