Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

After an upgrade thunderbird stopped working. Now it has

Customer Question

After an upgrade thunderbird stopped working. Now it has disappeared
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi Keith my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What operating system you have on the computer is it windows 7, 9 or 10?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure 9 I think

I see you have requested an additional service for secure remote assistance. I have accepted your additional service offer and i will be assisting your with the remote assistance to solve the problem you have posted.

Click on the remote link given and as it opens the page scroll down and click on the green button "I Agree" download and run Secure Remote Assistance
Allow it to install and let it be opened. I will be able to connect then.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is the remote link?

Do you see the link now?

Customer HiCustomer i am connected nowCustomer i will take the mouse control nowCustomer i have placed it on the task bar at the bottom is that okay?
Guest: type hereokCustomer close thunderbird and try to open it and check
Customer try to send and receive a test message and let me know how it goes.
Guest: cant open new e mailsCustomer let me checkCustomer when was it wokring fine last time?
Guest: 2 days ago yesCustomer okayCustomer i will restore it to 21st JulyCustomer did it ran successfully?
Guest: no it said failedCustomer ok got it.Customer i am working on my sideCustomer HiCustomer are you there?
Guest: stiCustomer please go ahead
Guest: still hereCustomer Problem detected.Customer You have windows 10 64bit and the Thunderbird is 32bit that is why its comes up with script error and freezes.Customer will have to remove thunderbird and the restart pc and after that download a full 64bi version.
Guest: I never upgraded to windows 10 ??Customer do you see now its windows 10 64bitCustomer The program is 32bit on the left if you see.
Guest: Yes but must have happened automatically I never requested it ?Customer yes its must have been forced update Microsoft has given you a free Windows 10 and now they have stopped the free windows upgrade and its paid now.Customer i will install a new version of ThunderbirdCustomer do you have a backup of your emails in the original btemail?
Guest: I think soCustomer i will install a new versionCustomer Please check now it should be fine, though its a 32 bit program but i have set it up on compatibility mode and that should take care of the program.Customer Please checkCustomer close open send test email
Guest: okCustomer take your time and let me know
Guest: Still same problemsCustomer alrightCustomer i see thatCustomer please sign in.Customer login to your account pleaseCustomer open chrome its open in itCustomer check if you have all the folders?
Guest: Dont use folders in this modeCustomer should i install the new version of Thunderbird
Guest: okCustomer alrightCustomer i will restart the computer nowCustomer all you have to do is login back to windows and i will be reconnected.Customer shall i?
Guest: okCustomer i am connected backCustomer working on my side will take few minsCustomer fill in the info please
Guest: Earlier there was an option for windows 10 thunderbird
Guest: I dont know how to contact you unless this window is open ?Customer let me configure your email then you can easily contact me from justanswer emailCustomer enter your email detailsCustomer i will take care please leave the mouseCustomer enter password ***** was it imap or pop3 earlier
Guest: pop3 i think not sure which password ***** are looking forCustomer should be pop3 but i will try imap as well.Customer Please check the password ***** not accepting.Customer close and reopen it few time and try to send and receive emails and testCustomer take your time and let me know if its working fine.Customer how is it going
Guest: appears to be working what did you do?Customer greatCustomer thunderbird internal system files had a corruption..so did a cleanout of corrupted hidden files and reconfigured the settings again