s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

I'm looking for a recommendation for an automatic,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an automatic, hassle-free, Cloud backup service for 5 PCs running Win7 and soon, Win10.
CrashPlan is heavily advertised, but it's not easy to get unbiased reviews.
We will shortly be using MS's PC365, which will give us 1TB per user, though not sure if this is a useful option.
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** hope to help, I personally and professionally recommend Carbonite. I am a Tier 2 Help Desk Technician for a local multi million dollar company that offers this as a DIY solution for some of our existing and former clients for those that don't want to do our own solutions, they're very intuitive, have fantastic technical support and you definitely get your dollar's worth, the disaster recovery features are second to none and it has the ability to auto-recognize new files and modified files on covered PC's. Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've looked at Carbonite, but downsides are the cost for 5 PCs (same cost as CrashPlan which offers up to 10 PCs) and non-auto backup of video files.

Is there any automatic solution to backup to the 1TB/user I'll be getting 'free' (with Microsoft's Office365?

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Office 365 does have spanning automatic backup for OneDrive for Business components, you can read a little bit more of the details here: http://spanning.com/products/office365-backup/ I've used 365 and we use it daily in our work here and I'm not really a big fan of the OneDrive UI, neither were some of the other engineers, but the options ARE there.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Now mind you, Spanning is NOT affiliated with Microsoft, they're a company called EMC, but they integrate with 365 well from what i see.