Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My kindle has band across the middle how do i fix this

my kindle has white band across the middle how do i fix this
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi Catherine,

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Let me know if it worked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no didnt work

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then >Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release, then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try myself thanks

Okay, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do it myself