JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

Can you help me with this one? I'm shortly going to be using

Richard, can you help me with this one?
I'm shortly going to be using Office365 Home, for 5 PCs etc. One of the features is 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage for each user. However, OneDrive seems very much tied to MS mail and data, and there's no automatic backup of other folders on the PC, although it can be done manually. I don't want to waste 5TB of storage, and have looked at several solutions to back up the PCs to OneDrive automatically. However none of them are mainstream apps and I'm slightly reluctant to trust any of them.
So, 'simple' question - is there any software I can use to schedule backups of my PCs (all Win7 at present) to the OneDrive cloud?
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi it appears Peter is offline, my name is ***** ***** I can certainly answer your question.

As I see it there are three options.

1. You install OneDrive, setup an area on you hard disk and then relocate your my documents\user profile to that location. So every time you login\save files in my documents\desktop the files are stored on OneDrive when the computer is connected to the internet.

2. The fact you have 5 machines, one option could be to use the inbuilt Backup and Restore solution in Windows 7. And get PC 1 to backup files on P2, P2 on P3 and so on, and make sure the location on the PC's is the OneDrive area.

3. Use purpose built backup software, I can recommend Backup4all this works very well and as a company which is also a Microsoft Partner. Large software companies such as Symantec do not appear to have integrated with OneDrive as yet. As you suggest there are some other 'freeware' products out there but as your trusting the software for a vital task I would suggest you stay with a paid for product.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your answer. I've looked at Backup4all, but it's not obvious whether they deal with all types of file, and whether the backup can be accessed from anywhere (not just the PC it's backing up).

Also, I couldn't find any information on restoring files which had been backed up.

I've asked their tech support for more information.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Backup4all is software which will store your files on your 1TB of cloud storage (OneDrive). So the files will be accessible from anywhere via OneDrive.

With regards ***** ***** files, there is a video tutorial here.

Which files are you looking to check it backups are you talking about system files?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's all I need to know - many thanks!

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received so I can close the case.

James