cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

My samsung printer CLP 415N repeatedly says there is a paper

My samsung printer CLP 415N repeatedly says there is a paper jam in tray 1 - I have opened tray 1 I've opened the ink tray and the back of the printer and there is no paper to be seeen. I've turned it off at the mains three times and still the same repeated message comes up
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Turn off then take the paper tray completely out. then open the printer where the toner is and take the toner out to make sure there is no paper behind it or in between it. Once you do that, insert the toner back in, than paper tray then turn back on. It should go ahead and print out a test paper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and it still says its jammed
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

When you take the toner out, did you shake it? Also take a flashlight and look inside of it after the toner is out and it could be a very tiny piece that is still in there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will look. Thank you.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Keep me posted. Once toner is out, you have to search with a flashlight and then if you seem any paper pieces take them out with tweezers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and there is no paper stuck. Must be electrical fault. Thank you. J
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 1 year ago.

Since you have already turned the printer off and waited for 15 seconds and turned on, checked everything for paper then yes I am inclined to say that your printer does need to be serviced. Sounds like your fuser might be bad. Not sure how old your printer is but if it is out of warranty you can buy a fuser and install it for about 60 to 120.00. Not sure if it is worth it because it does take a little bit to take the other one out and install the new one. Might need to take it in or think about another printer.

Please RATE 4 stars or above so that I might close this ticket.