cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I am having a lot of difficulty pairing my viera 50cx700

Hi, I am having a lot of difficulty pairing my viera 50cx700 television with any Bluetooth device, I have tried my MacBook pro, my windows 7 Lenovo, my iphone 6 and 6plus and my ipad with no success. My computers identify the TV and asks for the passcode, one flashes on the tv for less than a second so it is not possible to read and enter this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Did you download the vierra app for iphone to your tv? When you go into your tv, go to the app store and download that first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did but this doesn't have any impact on connecting via Bluetooth. Does the tv have a default passcode like many other products have?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

At this time there is no Passcode for bluetooth I am sorry to say.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

The only way you can connect at this point is through VGA, DVI and or HMDI

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

I have found out you can use your ipad or android tablet to tv using Miracast but it is difficult to use.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Also you can go here and it explains the reason why bluetooth doesn't enable even though the tv says it does:https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=SoundTouch&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=90633000000GrYpAAK

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you say the viera app for iPhone, you said download it to the tv through the apps store? I downloaded from the apps store to my iPhone. It isn't available through the tv.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Usually you download it through your tv to your tv screen. and the tv will say viera remote on your tv and it can go through your iphone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But it isn't available that way. You are restricted to the apps available through the apps store on the tv and it doesn't appear there
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Yes I do see that now. I am sorry that you are not able to get the bluetooth at this point. I have even talked to them and they said you can't I am sorry to say.