Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

My dell 946 printer only saves documents instead of printing

Customer Question

My dell 946 printer only saves documents instead of printing them. How canI solve this problem?
Mary
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mary, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is this happening when printing from Chrome only? What about from other programs like MS Word? Excel? Notepad?

This happens when you set the printer to "Print to File". Please check the Printer options or settings if "Print to file" or something to that effect is checked.

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is happening in all programes. Recently I had to uninstall my printer because it failed to delete a document in its queue. When I installed it again the word copy was in brackets beside it. This is when the problem started.
Mary.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess I will have to put extra money into my card which I gave to you. I have to attend now to a guest. I will get in touch with you as soon as possible, if not today,tomorrow afternoon.
Mary.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mary, thank you for writing back. Please take your time. We can resume any time when you are available.

Best regards,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid an extra 34 euro today because you were not available. What happens now.Mary
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mary,

I am still here. I believe you requested for Secure Remote Assistance but another expert accepted it. So I will now give way for that expert to continue helping you remotely or using a Secure Remote Assistance.

If the expert did not come up to help you, please reply to me here any time so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess have you received my last email about the extra 34 Euro paid . Do I now have to pay extra again? I want you to continue assisting me.
regards'
mary
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mary,

Yes, I got your last reply regarding that and that extra is due to the duplicate question you posted. Give me a moment to report it to close it.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Mary, I already reported your duplicate question which is now closed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Will you now continue to help me Mary
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Like I mentioned, you requested for Secure Remote Assistance and another expert accepted the offer. Please wait for a few minutes for that other expert to give you instructions for remote access. If he does not show up, we will do the remote access session.

Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I will be helping you remotely. A link and instructions will follow this message.

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. If possible, please use INTERNET EXPLORER browser for this (the blue E icon). After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you are on a MAC, don't click on the link, and reply back to me instead for an alternative. If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=41eab560-53d0-4db8-bf56-1f6a52e8f5f7

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a toshiba computer and windows 7 Mary

Mary,

The remote will work on your computer.

To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. If possible, please use INTERNET EXPLORER browser for this (the blue E icon). After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

Mary,

The problem is now solved. If this happens again, make sure to check/change the destination printer when the dialog comes up on your screen just before you click to print. If it says "PDF", just change to your printer. However, you should not have to do this, as I have already fixed it for you.

Please request me in any future tech/computer questions by typing "FORCustomerquot; , and then waiting for me to respond to you when I'm online. Thanks for using Just Answer!