Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have installed OS X EL CAPITAN but have lost i photos. I

Customer Question

I have installed OS X EL CAPITAN but have lost i photos. I need to download some photo from my camera. How can I now do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carole,

In El Capitan, iPhotos was replaced by Photos.

When you first open Photos on your Mac, your photo library is upgraded. The upgraded library is compatible with both Photos and iPhoto (if installed), but any changes you make in Photos won’t appear in iPhoto, and vice versa.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But there is nowhere that suggests PHOTOS exists so I can't open it. No, I don't wan thou to fix it for me yet. Just give me some instructions to follow.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

If you open a picture, it will open in the Photo app.