Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have completely lost a folder on my laptop Can you help?

I have completely lost a folder on my laptop
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Simon, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me which folder is missing? Is it a folder that you created yourself a long time ago and now it is missing?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a folder I created about 28 days ago
I logged on this morning and I cant find it on my desk top?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check, locate and recover the missing folder while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here you go?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Simon,

Thank you for requesting an additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d7ea6789-d0ab-4282-a35d-f9d4e20bc2bc

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. Your missing folder along with all the files that it contains were fully restored.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess