Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have been using Skype on my tv for the last 3 years, and

I have been using Skype on my tv for the last 3 years, and have some how managed to delete it, and now unable to retrieve it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the make and model of the tv on which you want skype back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Samsung - ue40es6300

Have you tried to reinstall it back what happens can you tell me a bit more about the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do you suggest I do now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you still trying to help me.

Make sure the tv is connected to the internet to check that go into the menu select network and then network settings and make sure the router is connected and if you are already connected to the network then choose samsung Apps icon and that will open the samsung marketplace and now you can scroll and select the app and then press download.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do I do now.

did you find the app icons..you can select skype icon

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what shall I do now

have you selected the skype icon

if yes press download

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

I see you want to use Skype on your Samsung Smart TV. You didn't delete it by accident. It was automatically removed because, unfortunately, Skype for TV is no longer working. It is quite a sudden decision by Microsoft (owner of Skype) to completely shut down Skype for TV (for all TV models) and focus on providing their calling service for other devices such as: computers, phones and tablets.

You can read more about it on this link:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34642/what-changes-are-coming-to-skype-for-tv

Even though a lot of people enjoyed using Skype on their Smart TV, Microsoft is not planning to bring Skype for TV back. You can open this link to see how many people are disappointed:

https://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-on-your-TV/Skype-on-Samsung-Smart-TV-Discontinued-2-June-2016/td-p/4320126

I myself have a Samsung Smart TV and was using Skype on my TV as well, until July 2016, when it just disappeared by itself without the ability to re-install it. I now need to use my computer or phone or tablet since Skype works there just fine.

Regards,

IT Miro