John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

For the last week I have not been able to open Outlook - it

For the last week I have not been able to open Outlook - it starts to open, then says not responding, so I am having to access my emails via the internet, but cannot access my contacts lists.
I have tried turning the computer off and on again.
Can you help?
Phil
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you. Could you please answer the following question

Which version of outlook are you using ?

Did you purchase this Microsoft office program online or from a local store?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Outlook 2010, bought at the same time as I got this Dell computer.
Windows 7
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK do you have the Microsoft office 2010 disc or activation key with you ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't want to uninstall Outlook in case I lose all my contact details
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Even if we need to uninstall it wont remove the contacts or emails because its all stored in a pst file .

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3256b8c9-1de3-481a-8715-ce4e24bc9ef1 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

I haven't got the connection after the restart so please check outlook after the restart and please let me know.

Sincerely,

John.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Contacted you via phone and confirmed that outlook is working.

Thank you for you cooperation and patience

Sincerely,

John.