Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I CAN NO LONGER GET MY HARD TO SHOW ON MY MONITOR. HELP

I CAN NO LONGER GET MY HARD TO SHOW ON MY MONITOR. HELP PLEASE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to unplug the USB cable from the drive and then gently plug it back in and test if your drive is detected by your computer this time?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done but still negative!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, Do you want more info from me?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

David,

When the drive is plugged into the USB port of the computer, is there any led on the drive that indicates it is connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, Negative again!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by negative? Are you saying that when the drive is connected, the led that is usually lit to indicate it is plugged in, is NOT lit this time?

Also, do you have a lot of data stored on that problem iOmega drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, What I am trying to indicate is that in the past when I've gone into the Computer, when the Iomeger Hard Drive is on, its image comes up next to the PC Hard Drive details.
As regards ***** ***** data is on it , about 50% of it capacity.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

David,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Since you are using Windows 7, please open "Computer" to show the drives in your system. Is the iomega drive listed there?

Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, HOW DO I FIND THE DRIVES? HOW MUCH ARE THE ADDITINAL COSTS FOR REMOTE SERVICES?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I will just send you a formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7691db11-6d53-4760-9eba-2c80b0d485d7

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess