IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have new sandisc cruzer blades which do make a sound when

I have new sandisc cruzer blades which do make a sound when entered in usb but dont show in my desktop pc.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me how old is your Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive? Also, are you able to test it with another computer?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The blades are brand new. I have a cruzer blade which is about twelve month old and has data on it and this works fine and is assigned the letter G and shows up ok.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

To confirm if the problem is with the flash drive or the computer, can you plug it into another computer to check if it will work there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am disabled and cannot reach another PC. I have tried 10 new flash drives of different makes and none works. They are communicating with the PC but not showing up.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

In that case, the problem is with the computer. Please try to insert the flash drivers into another USB port on your computer. Let me know if there are any changes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried all 4 ports with no difference.And the one that works is ok in any of the ports.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It would appear the pathway cannot be found.I would also wish to be released from the membership with your company which I inadvertantly sgned up for.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

OK.

It is possible that one of the installed programs is causing the problem. Please check if the USB flash drivers work in Windows Safe Mode.

To access the Safe Mode, restart your computer and then keep pressing the F8 key rapidly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. Once you see it, select Safe Mode. Log in to your Windows account.

You will notice that there is a black background and that most Windows 7 functions are disabled. That is normal for Safe Mode. Just test the USB connection and let me know the results.

To exit Safe Mode, just restart your computer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cannot access safe mode with F8
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

In case you cannot enter Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key while your computer is powering on, do the following so that you can enter Safe Mode automatically upon next restart:

1. Press the Windows Logo key and R keys simultaneously to bring up the Run box

2. Type msconfig and press Enter

3. The System Configuration window will open with several tabs. Click on the Boot tab and there check the Safe boot check-box and then select the Network option

4. Click OK to save the changes and then click Restart to restart your computer

5. Your computer will restart and automatically enter Safe Mode with Networking (Internet will work)

6. When you are in Safe Mode, you can test the USB connection

7. Once done, you need to restore original boot settings so that your computer can boot to "standard" mode when restarted. To do that, repeat the steps 1-3 to access System Configuration. There click on the Boot tab and un-check the Safe boot check-box and click OK, and then Restart

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Too much bother
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you not reach my computer remotely.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

I can, but I am currently in another remote session. I should finish in about 30 minutes. I can then get back to you if you can wait.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm disabled, I aint going anywhere.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

OK, I will get back to you as soon as I am available.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

OK, ready now.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:

Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e0cfb151-f154-457d-ae69-d5d4a367a628

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where do I go from here.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

I just sent you the instructions for establishing a secure remote assistance.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

The problem with the USB drivers remained. Unfortunately, nothing I tried helped.

I suggested contacting the Acer support and ordering a recovery disk to re-install Windows since the USB drivers have been corrupted.

Here are the phone numbers:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Should you require assistance with using the recovery disk, or if there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

If you would like to disable the JustAnswer subscription, you should be able to do that here:

https://secure.justanswer.com/account/edit-subscription.aspx

In case the link doesn't work, or if you have other billing-related questions, you can contact the JustAnswer customer service by e-mail, chat or phone. Here is the link for the contact information:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Regards,

IT Miro