Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Purchased mmicrosoft lumina 950. Phoned vodaphone to top up,

Purchased mmicrosoft lumina 950. Phoned vodaphone to top up, mistyped number, nowhere could I see a delete to remove the wrong number and retype it on the pad. The main pad is fine. Am I missing something?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jackie,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Pete,
When I phoned vodaphone, you have to quote number and codes to be able to top up, as a result the key pad came up which I pressed, but I made a mistake and nowhere could I see where to delete the letter/number. I phoned them three times to over come this. I am sure I have missed something, but as it's something I do regularly, would hope something simple. Nearly 80, so doing my best. The normal key psd is fine. Jackie
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to cancel the call and redial and quote the number again?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but that is silly you want the call too continue as it is quite long as they put on lots of choices for you to submit because of security.
Jackue
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, so what stage of the call are you at now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dial vodaphone, then they take you through various stages where you input a series of numbers, but if you have to retype through a typing error there is nowhere I can see on the key pad the phone call uses within the Microsoft phone that allows you to correct a mistype. The call takes quite a time, and it is really annoying to do it again. Today I had same thing in that I wanted to pay bill, typed my number of card in..made a mistake, could not go back and type the number again. Fortunately that company had a human, so I read it out. Do you understand the problem yet, you don't seem to have got to grips with it.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, yes I get it - it depends what service you are calling - most will have instructions telling you to press * or a different key if you wish to start inputting numbers again. There is no option to 'delete' the last number pressed.

Hope that helps!

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No afraid not, you have not said is it a problem with luma 950 phone,. Which s therefore a problem. If you cannot pay bills for fear of making a typing mistake.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Are you aware of any phone which does not have this problem?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my old Nokia which was very cheap, plus Apple ones
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

These different phones will have different operating systems, each phone's operating system has some good points and some bad points. You will need to choose the phone that best suits your needs.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hello - I see you gave me a negative rating.
Is there any part of my answer that you do not understand or need clarification on?
I hope you reconsider the rating of my service.

Please advise and thank you for your time.

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
as it's not operating system. It's nokias design. You obviously could not appreciate
What I was asking. It is the key pad which is incorrect. The main keypad is right, it is the one which you press when a call which requires numbers is used. Ca n
Only assume you have not gone into this particular phone. But I think makers should be made aware. I have reported it as a fault in design. Jackie
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, please let me know what else you require from me in order to reverse the negative rating?

Thanks!

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have tried, but you did not appreciate the problem, I am sure you are good at what you do, but maybe you cannot get down to basics on individual manufactured phones and the problems you can encounter, you are obviously a high e h person, thus making my question more difficult than it was. So for me you were just too clever. So sorry but no.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Ok, have a nice day!

Pete.

Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.