Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

With Windows 7 while trying to do a backup to an external

with Windows 7 while trying to do a backup to an external hard drive I get an error message (task image corrupt or tampered with 0x80041321)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Or is this the first time you are trying to back up?

What's the brand / model of your external hard drive?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've had a problem for 6 weeks .The external hard drive is Transend storejet 25M3

Thank you. Did it work previously?

Have you tried using the software that came with the external drive in order to do backup?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I c an fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have backed up on this external hard drive for 2 years with no problem. Yes you can access my computer

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=45b7e478-2691-4a96-bada-97592c1319e7
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, thank you for your help on 15/8, but I have just attempted to do a back up and the same problem has arose (error message - task image corrupt or tampered with 0x80041321), the only substantial thing that has happened since your repair was one large windows update.Please advise.RegardsKevin

I'm sorry; it is strange. Windows 7 backup is not reliable, and Microsoft is not support it any more. Let's try the better backup program from your external hard drive manufacturer. Please click on the Trendscend website below:

http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-1/

, then there, click on Download on the left, then click on Windows

, then open / run the downloaded file called TranscendElite and install it.

, then use the TranscendElite program to do backup.

- The website also has video instructions:

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,