Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Satellite Click 10 which I purchased from

Customer Question

I have a Satellite Click 10 which I purchased from Littlewoods on 8/12/15.This is not the first time this has happened and I am very disappointed with this item. What happens is when I try to download Toshiba upgrades or Windows 10 upgrades the computer will freeze after trying to upgrade and is unresponsive, so the only way is to let the battery run down and then recharge. Theres a blue screen with message ' Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then you can restart ( 100% complete ). If you'd like to know more, you can search online for this error. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled.' Also several things on computer eg. Games not working. Thankyou
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like some software has become corrupted and causing issues during the windows \ Toshiba updates.

There is no quick fix for this, depending on what is installed on the laptop and what you have backed up, one option would be do do a complete wipe and start from factory settings and upgrade from there, however this then means you have to backup any personal files, and then reinstall any programs and personal files once you have wiped the system.

Another option is to use the windows system restore and chose a point in time where you were not getting this issue and restore the machine to this point, this has a 60% success rate based on my experience to date, and limits the loss of data to just settings and programs (personal files remain unaffected), then perform a virus scan.

The last option is to uninstall all non essential programs, perform a disk scan and a virus scan and then try and perform the system updates, this also has around a 60% chance of working.

Based on the level of frustration you have with this model by suggestion is perform a complete wipe and start from scratch, as you could hours of effort trying to fix the corrpopted software, only to find the issue to reoccur weeks later, please do not try and use any third party software to fix the machine many of these are scams and provide very little benefit.

If you let me know how you wish to progress I can talk you through the required steps and even remote on and do some of the work for you.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I understand you have raised 2 further questions which customer services whom are progressing your request for refund, to clarify software issues are not covered under your Toshiba warranty, if you do require software support this would be chargeable, please let me know if you still require assistance.

James