Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have been hacked, all my contacts receiving a bogus email

I have been hacked, all my contacts receiving a bogus email saying I am in Ukraine, have been robbed, so would they send money. Today I have received no emails at all which suggests to me the hackers are diverting my mail to read it themselves. As a test, I sent two emails to myself this morning and neither arrived.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fear that you might not be able to get through to my email -- most unusually I have received nothing (nothing) in my email queue today, so my phone number here in London, FYI, is 0208(###) ###-#### I don't want to lock myself into a long-term service contract, just want my present problem fixed. Do you recommend I open a new email account with either gmail or Hotmail, which will be tedious as I have hundreds of contacts? And I think the hackers may have deleted all my contacts (luckily I have a copy of all their email addresses.) Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Please click the link below and run / open the downloaded program

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=247314

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kamil, If you can something for me today it would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I am a London journalist and I should tell you that I may write a piece for one of the national newspapers about the nightmare experience of being hacked (my 88-year-old Australian cousin in Paris fell for the scam, sent money as requested to Ukraine). If you can solve the problem and get me back onto email AND (it would please me greatly) if you could foil these crooks, stop them pulling the same scam on others. Thankyou Stuart