Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 bought May2015 under 2yr protection.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 bought May2015 under 2yr protection. Wont charge. Looks like battery stuff coming out of usb port
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hi Beth,

My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.

Let me know if this works please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nothing happened
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
You can get the kindle replaced free of charge under the kindle warranty>Amazon Warranty Dept>Freephone (within the UK): 0800(###) ###-####lt;<<

Meanwhile, you can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got a new sub. All is well. Thankyou
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got a new sub. It works now.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm typing usb and. The tablet keep s changing it.

okay, that is the spell check. it can be annoying at times.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Found the answer myself by replacing the cable, but thanks for helping. Beth Belshaw