John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Outlook will not connect to my email server

outlook will not connect to my email server
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Could you please answer the following
Which email service is configured in outlook let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

When did this outlook hanging issue started ?

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
haddonhouse.co.ukNot sure of which windows system, how do i find out?Last few days, the email account is working fine with my I phone, but I have changed the password ***** the advise of Fasthosts my account holder.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Its OK

Its a windows PC am i correct ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK only the outlook that application that hangs not the entire windows am i correct

Does this hanging happens immediately after you open outlook or when you try to open a email or send a new email?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its the only application that hangs.It opens, but does nothing, saying either disconected or connected in bottom right corner of screen, as soon as I click anything, screen goes blurred and says not responding in top banner
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, I see a box at the bottom of my screen, shall I click that?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Not now let me fix the issue first then we go with clicking on that

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=40971dd8-bb90-4d65-afe7-09eb047d3cfa that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Connected and checking the issue now.