Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a samsung galaxy S7 edge and have the latest google

I have a samsung galaxy S7 edge and have the latest google maps 4.3 downloaded. I wish to bike from my home base via a rather circuitous route stopping several times to a destination. Can you please tell me what are the steps to set this map up. I have tried looking at all the help pages and have not managed to do it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi Charles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello pete
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is anyone there?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Yes, thanks for replying back.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK how do i do it?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
stop selling please and give me the answer
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

If you receive any automated offers, they are from the website, not me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I don't
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

When you start up the Google Maps app on your phone and search for a location, tap the options button (the one with three dots in the top right corner) to reveal an ‘Add stop’ function. This allows you to look up additional stops and then charts a route for you, with cycle route directions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do you stop them
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry you will have to give me fuller instructions. I do not understand. I want to start from home then visit about 5 points before reaching my destination. Please give a step by step guide as to what to do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still on my case?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Which part of the instructions are you having difficulty with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I go to google maps. It shows me I am at home. The 3 lines in the top right are not there.I hit the blue button bottom right. Choose destination comes up. I choose "choose on map". I move to my destination by moving the map around and click on it and it shows me the route but I do not want to go this routs. I want to go a circuitous route which is longer and involves 5 stops. What have I done wrong?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

You need to add some waypoints along the route to direct your route through those points.

Can you see the ‘Add stop’ option?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the add stop option but the route shown is not the route I want to take
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Ok, then you will need to add additional points along the route so that the app can learn the route you want to take.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still on the case
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Yes - can you add additional points along the route so that the app can learn the route you want to take?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do I do this?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

You can do this by using the 'Add stop’ option.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you very much. I've cracked it.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Glad to hear it worked!
Pete.

Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.