Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have updated my credit card details with amazon but my

Hello. i have updated my credit card details with amazon but my kindle is not recognising that I have done so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle? Does it have touch screen?

Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- When you go to menu / settings on the kindle, then go to the Registration or Account option, does it show your correct email address as when you go to the Amazon website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done as you suggested. My kindle is a paper white version. I think you are right about my email address as I have recently changed it. I have gone into registration and the options i have are "household and family library" and "deregister device". Should I go into either of these?
I have just noticed an option of some one connecting to my device to fix the problem but i don't see how this can be done?

Yes, please deregister the device, then register / sign in with your correct email address, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,