Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My battery will not recharge is it replaceable

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Sydney

What is the make and model of the device you have the issue with?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Samsung tablet I do not know the model
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

OK, Is it still turning on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you connect the charger and then hold the Volume UP and Power buttons for about 6 seconds then release.

Does it then turn on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NoI have now tried another plug and it has lit r s v p
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Perfect, then it was not the battery.

Let it charge for 2 hours to get a full charge then use Power and Volume and it should then come on.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are we in touch
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

yes, your last message is it is now charging correct?

I replied to

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I have followed your advice can I contact you after the charging period with the result
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

yes that is no problem, I have marked the question to remain open so any issues, at any time, let me know here

If you need anything else, please let me know and please take a second to rate my service for now via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Richard I carried ot your suggestion it eventually told that it was a galaxy 10.1 it then reverted to the battery sign and cannot budge it
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Is it showing a full battery or empty?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It appears to be full but I am uncertain
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, now disconnect the power cable and then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then hold volume Up and power for 6 seconds then release.

What then happens?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, it is not the battery, we have ruled this and everything else out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Tablet to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.