Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Need to reset my address book in Outlook 2016 to default

Customer Question

need to reset my address book in Outlook 2016 to default
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To do this,

On the Standard toolbar, click Address Book

TIP: You can also open the Address Book by clicking Address Book on the Tools menu.

Click Tools, and then click Options.

NOTE: If you open the Address Book from an open message, the Tools menu is not available. The Address Book must be opened by either method described above

In the Show this address list first box, click the name of the address book that you want.

Click OK, and then close the Address Book.

It will then be set as the default

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HiDefault has somehow been quirkily renamed and I cannot set it in this manner. I want to trace and move these contacts to the main, delete the rogue book and reset as my main
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, do you see the contacts you want to move back to main?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Done
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
332 899 185 828mwn
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

connected