technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I lost my Windows Live mail on Tuesday and contacted my

I lost my Windows Live mail on Tuesday and contacted my providor to find out what went wrong. Sky is my providor. They have been trying to help me to re-connect to my email account and as of last night (Wednesday) I was able to get back into Microsoft and enter my email address and set a new password. This I did but on trying to type in my email address and new password ***** wasn't sure what address to enter to pressed the "what is this" button. When I didnt need to see the options I tried to get back in to type my email address and new password ***** it then said I needed a new security code. I then spoke to the same person at Sky who helped me get back into my email account and we tried relentlessly to obtain a new security code but it kept saying that the session had ended and wouldn't let us back in. I do not want to lose this email account because setting up a new one would not be convenient. Please could somebody help me. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello Terry, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, and I will help you now.

What is the part of your email address AFTER the @ sign?

Thank You. I will send instructions for remote in the next few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hotmail.co.uk

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=65eac8dc-0c58-4668-8d86-381ca6504866

My remote connection is running, but I haven't seen you connect as of yet.

The remote program is called Elsinore. You need to save it and run it, and OK/approve any messages so that it can run.

Please let me know if you are having any trouble. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did see the Elsinore box and saved it but nothing happened. Will try again

You have to double click on it to run it after you save.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I've done it now. By the way I'm a female Terry and blonde. That might explain things!