Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My computer tells me that the following programmes

Customer Question

My computer tells me that the following programmes TV1,2,3,4, and 5 are not available (no signal) I am able to open my Sky Sports though!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Exactly how are you accessing the programmes? Via your web browser? A special program you have installed?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help. I am 86 years old, deaf and confused. I have done nothing to my TV set it simply doesn't work. All BBC and Freeview tell me NO Channel!!!! yet Sky Sport is available. What on earth is going on?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a 'power' button on my TV. It is operated by a remote control. Thank you very much for trying to help me Richard. I have now been informed that I will receive a call from talktalk next Monday morning at my home,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem, though usually they hide the button, it is very rare you would not have one.

But If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the 'switch' did as you said but now I've lost all signals including Sky Sport! No TV at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, what is the make and model of the Sky box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now received a bill on my account for £27 . I thought it was free? G.George talke2iang'talktalk.net