Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have just bought a zenbook and have set it up but although

I have just bought a zenbook and have set it up but although it has wirelessly linked up with my broadband (BT Infinity) there is no internet. My PC is happily (wirelessly) linked with internet at the same time. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Tap or click on the wifi symbol on the Zenbook screen, then let me know what is listed there beside your wifi network name(BT) please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
BTHub3-2F7Z
Limited

It is possible that you have entered the wireless security key incorrectly, the network name (SSID) and wireless key is on a label on the Hub. For example, the SSID is BTHomeHub-xxxx and the wireless key is abc123de45.

to forget a wireless network in Windows 10, you can use the Settings app. To begin, open Settings, Then, click or tap on Network & Internet.

Tap or click Network & Internet is Wi-Fi,

Next, in the Wi-Fi section from the right pane, click or tap on Manage Wi-Fi settings.

The Manage Wi-Fi Settings window contains two sections: Wi-Fi Sense and Manage known networks. Scroll until you get to the second one: Manage known networks.

Select the wireless network BTHUB. Windows 10 will display two options for it: Share and Forget. To delete the network's stored profile and forget all its connection details, click or tap Forget.

Once you do that, Windows 10 will immediately remove the wireless network from the list of known networks.

Then you can connect to it again and reenter the wireless password.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done all that - still says No Internet, secured

okay, which BT hub do you have? 5,4,3,...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I tell?

Click on the blue link below, it has the images.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56400/~/help-for-bt-hubs

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3

Okay. on the Hub 3 the network name (SSID) and wireless key is on a plastic tab that pulls out from the back of the Hub. The information may also displayed underneath the Hub.

What does the label have as the ssid and wireless key?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The ssid is as I said at 1913 in this conversation.I am confused as to the wireless key - I have been thinking that this is the password.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I be using the Admin Password ***** the other side of the tab?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sure that I have always used the wireless key in the past

The wireless password ***** you need for wifi on the zenbook is listed as the wireless key on the label.

Are you on a computer now that is connected to the BT hub internet?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is b62f5ed3bb
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am

okay, check the zenbook and make sure that the caps is not on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
caps is not on - if it was I would not be connected to the hub would I?

It should say connected/secured on the wifi connection.

I was just making sure the wireless key was entered correctly.

Try disconnecting the power to the hub for 1 minute, then reconnect the power, then wait 2-3 minutes, then try connecting again with the zenbook

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The zenbook is connected to the hub but there is no internet access. I do have wireless internet access through the hub with the laptop that I am chatting with you on.

okay. Did you try the power reset on the hub?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you please confirm that you are still engaged as it has been 20 minutes since I last heard from you.

yes, Did you try the power reset on the hub?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have other things that I need to do this evening and as I cannot be sure that you are still there as I have not heard anything for over half an hour I shall have to close this down now. Perhaps we can continue tomorrow evening.

that will be good, can you see my replies now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry - for some reason your responses were hidden from me.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will reset the hub and see what happens.

okay, no problem. We can continue anytime.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK - have switched the power to the hub off and waited 20 seconds before putting the power on. The zenbook tried to connect to the internet but could not. The situation is the same.

okay, let me check on some things to try and I will get back to you asap.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Try this on the zenbook please>

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
  2. In Device Manager, select Network adapters > then click on the wireless network adapter name.
  3. Right-click (or press and hold) the wireless network adapter name, then choose uninstall, confirm and then reboot the computer. The network adapter will reinstall automatically with fresh new settings.
Experience: Computer specialist
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. It worked this time; last time I tried this it made no difference!