Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My wifes email has stopped working it quotes error

my wifes email has stopped working it quotes error id0x8de00005
error 3219 any thoughts
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft made some changes which caused the Windows Live Mail program to no longer connect. Unfortunately there is not a fix for this issue, however there are a number of alternatives and work-arounds. But as far as using the windows live program go it is not going to be able to connect. So the short answer is the Windows Live Mail application does not support the modern synchronization technologies which they are now using.

I suggest you read through this article which explains everything that is going on and what you can do to use your email: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd

If there is anything you do not understand please let me know. If you can takea minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I see that you would like remote assistance although it is not required in this situation. Please review my answer:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be the cost if you fixed it
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

There is not a fix to the issue -- You will need to use a different email program.