Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Trying to configure Outlook 2007 with Gmail address and it

Customer Question

Trying to configure Outlook 2007 with Gmail address and it keeps asking for the login to the pop server and it fails. I am using pop.gmail.com what am I doing wrong please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

so, in order to add a Gmail account to MS outlook, you have to enable to step verification within Gmail, AND you have to create an APP password.

.

Its kind of a new thing. And it can be kind of tricky.

.

I would be happy to walk you through the process (which is not really recommended)

or

I can do a remote session with you on your computer, and DO THE TASK for you. This is the recommended resolution, as it basically eliminates all potential mistakes that could be made, AND it keeps you from getting a headache, and pulling your hair out.

.

But either way, we will get it done.

Let me knwo when you are ready to proceed.

This is an exert from Microsoft Office Support.

Before you connect your Gmail account and Outlook, you need to prepare your Gmail account. You'll need to turn on 2-step verification for Gmail and then create a password ***** Office 365 will use with your Gmail address to make the connection.

Its this process......that can be tricky, and isnt the most straigh forward.

Even as a senior computer expert, the web pages almost confused me.

its no wonder regular folks have such a hard time doing it.

YOu almost have to be technically savy to understand, and then DO THE TASK.

Which is why i recommend a remote session, so you can sit back and WATCH how its done......and ask any questions you may have.

Remote is very secure, and you are watching me the whole time, and we are in constant communication.