Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have checked my account settings and all are correct, but

I have checked my account settings and all are correct, but every time \I want to buy a book on my kindle it says 'I do not have a valid credit card' how do I download the book?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle?

Can you please go to option / menu registration / account option on the kindle and check the account / email address there?

Did you update details on the correct Amazon account / correct email address?

Besides the kindle, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no idea of the Kindle model. I do not have an option to go to registration or account details. I use Windows 10.
The only menu I have is settings, goodreads, store or search.

Thank you. Does your kindle have touchscreen?

In menu, can you select Settings, then do you see the option registration or account, etc. there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All settings produces is Aeroplane, Sync my Kindle. In 'all settings' it gives Aeroplane, Wifi, Registration & Household, Device options & Reading Options

In Settings, select option Registration..., then what does it show next?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Household & Family Library and Deregister device.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have I completely confused you?

Sorry. Did you check your Amazon account settings on your Windows 10 computer? If yes, there, do you see your kindle device showing in your Amazon account on your computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on your amazon / kindle account through your computer first?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It saya that I have no devices but then how have I already downloaded at least 10 books

That means you sign in the wrong Amazon account / wrong email address. Do you have or use any other email? Did you use any other email address previously?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have one email address for my Amazon account and I use another email address for my kindle. I get lots of emails from amazon Kindle on the Kindle email address so it should be recognised?

On your computer, can you sign out the current amazon account, then sign in with the other Amazon account (with the other email address), and check the payment details and check if your kindle device is showing? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It would appear that I have three accounts. My kindle is linked to an account which has never been set up so the Kindle will have to be reset to the correct account. Where the third account came from God alone knows!

OK. When was the last time you were able to buy a book and got it on the kindle successfully?

When you purchased a book successfully last time, which email address did you receive the order confirmation?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The last successful download was 29th December 2015, when I downloaded 5 books. I have deleted the confirmation but the
kindle marketing emails come to the address***@******.***. I have deregistered the Kindle and now it will not login on any email address!

What's the error or message?

On your computer, does it let you log in your Amazon account with the gmail email address that received kindle marketing emails?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think that I have solved it by deregistering everything and then rebuilding it all including the appropriate credit card and it is now downloading the book.
I have taken a lot of your time and so I say thank you very much and raise the glass of red wine I have here to you!

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,