Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Purchased Samsung Tab S from Hihi Electronics through Amazon

Purchased Samsung Tab S from Hihi Electronics through Amazon in Dec 2014 require warranty repairs due to continuous rebooting when on battery not improved despite full factory reset 3/4 times.
Due to device being registered in Hong Kong, UK support will not carry out warranty repairs and due to Hihi no longer trading through Amazon not able to obtain any contact details for Hihi from Amazon and emails through Amazon system not getting any replies. Amazon no help and have suggested go to Samsung.
Contacted Samsung Hong Kong and they say will have to take device into Hong Kong support office but leaving in UK makes this impossible. Did ask them for address to send device by courier for repair but not accepted still replied by saying need to bring into support for repair.
I obviously now realise that should not have purchased tablet from Hong Kong due to no UK support but can't change so any suggestions as to how I can get Tablet repaired - device is useless on battery only works if connected to mains.
Can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

That is quite a dilemma!

Even if you send the tablet for repair, it will cost you because it is outside of the warranty time-frame of 1 year. To be honest, the cost of repair will probably cost around or more than the price of purchasing a new tablet. Amazon may refund you the cost or issue an Amazon credit if you call them and speak with a helping supervisor (I have done that multiple times) but it is not something that they have to do since it has been over a year.

At this point, I would suggest trying to get a refund from Amazon and if that does not work then you will need to contact Samsung to see if they will provide any discounts for an upgrade due to the issue.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.