Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My friend is having trouble with his google connection! He

My friend is having trouble with his google connection ! He can bring up the google connection but when he goes to search google does not function and gonto the site he wants.
We live in France and we are in contact by phone,hence my e-mail to you on his behalf. We both have SFR Boxes and both test positive. Can you help? Michael A Carrier
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which web browser you are using? eg: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears that it is a problem with ADSL,, Ihave just had a phone call whilst I was reading your reply. His connection is through Internet explorer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, to be sure, press the windows key + R and type in CMD and press enter

Then type in the black window

ping yahoo.com

Are the pings lost or received?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having done as you suggested two sites came up as a spastic medical condition and pathology
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

websites wont come up...

This is a ping it will only say if the pings work or not.

Can you review the instructions and do them carefully please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm press windows key and R key together and then type in CMD and press enter. In the black window key pingyahoo.com?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes but it is

ping yahoo.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pings received !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it means the internet is no problem

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and tell me if you still have the problem or not please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned before I am doing this on behalf of a friend via telephone. I am relaying the details but we are having difficulties so we will have to leave it here and go over to visit our friends to sort it out. Thank you so much for your help it was very good and we really appreciate your efforts. Thank you once again, Michael and on behalf of Eric both in France !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and I will leave this question to remain open so you can return at any time.

The key here is they have internet, so it is a computer issue or DNS

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit