Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I just installed the outlook connector on my Outlook 2010

Customer Question

Hi. I just installed the outlook connector on my Outlook 2010 win 10 Laptop. It shows my email addy and the folders but all are blank. I both sent a test mail from another PC and sent a test from this laptop but nothing. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What email account did you add to your Outlook 2010?

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my main email installed on the laptop and its working.
I then wanted my hotmaol installed so i downloaded the outlook connector and installed it.
It asked my name and emain addy . It looks fine but, don't work.
Sure you can taske over remote access
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=58a6a834-0ee8-42fe-9bab-e9c4c3ba8777

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are currently chatting on my desktop. Its my laptop which is the problem Its it you need to be on.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh OK, I understand. Now, I believe the laptop is still connected to the internet. Please access your JustAnswer.com account there in the laptop and let us continue chatting there. Then you can follow the procedures I gave you there in the laptop to join me in the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have justanswer web page showing what now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to login to your JustAnswer account? Please look at the top right corner of the page for the link that says "Login". Click it to sign in to your account.

After that, you will see "My Questions" link at the top right. Click on it and then click this question of yours to access our chat. Continue chatting with me there in the laptop and let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess
I am on the Just answer web page and logged in but it tells me it is connecting me to a dog vet.. what now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I hope you did not create a new account there. Please look at the top right corner of the JustAnswer page, there is a My Questions link there. Click it to retrieve this chat link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all i see is a Contact us and a Log out I didn't create a new account but used my log in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You there Jess?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, please manually type this shortened link in the web browser of your laptop, this is our chat link shortened:

http://tinyurl.com/hsrjoox

Yes, I am still here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It tells me I cannot access that page
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

So indeed you could have created a new account with us since that link should redirect you to our chat page. Let us just use another tool and then let us fix your account with us so that we can use our faster tool that is already running now.

In the laptop, please go to this URL: https://join.me/

In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button
Then download the remote tool when prompted.
After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.
Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it m says ' can't reach that page'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok have now reached that page.. and have clicked on start meeting.... ok
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please try it again, type it in the browser manually, like join.me and then press Enter to access the site. It works from my end, maybe you types it incorrectly.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, please follow the rest of my numbered procedures :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i a m on the page now will i click run?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess .. its now asking me to uninstall join.me
start a new meeting using the join me website then exit the meeting
I amrun out of time right now. I need to meet someone. Can this continue on Monday morning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe better to refund me and begin again on the laptop next time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess please reply i have to leave now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am still here. If you are running out of time, we can resume with this when you are back.

Please just run JoinMe and then share your screen. Then give me your 9-digit code

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Here is a detailed procedures with screen shots that might be helpful:

http://help.join.me/knowledgebase/articles/149032-start-a-meeting-on-a-pc-or-mac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be monday when i get back.. what 9 digit code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess .. your service is not what i expected. I have to go now..
confirm we can resume on Monday morning
or refund me..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please check the link I gave you in my last reply. There is a screen shot showing that 9-digit code.

Yes, we can resume Monday when you are back and available and when you are already out of time now.

Please bookmark our chat page or add to favorites so that you can easily get back to me.

I will be available now and for the next 3 hours.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes we can resume on Monday.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you... And I hope by Monday you are able to run the JoinMe tool so that we can do a remote session to fix your issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Till Monday then

Best regards,

Jess