technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

Help please - I am a 79 year old and not very computer

Customer Question

Help please - I am a 79 year old and not very computer literate. I did not realise that I had updated my Outlook mail and now I just cannot understand how to actually receive my emails. It says I have so many, but how do I get to them. I keep getting old ones - nothing current. I would just like to go back to the way it was before this update as it is driving me mad. One way I have found is so look up Outlook emails on my Kindle - luckily that has not been changed at the moment, but it is very time consuming as I really do not know a lot about Kindle either !! Anyhelp would be much appreciated as I get about 40 emails day and do not want to miss any important ones.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello Marjorie,

Thank you for using this service. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Do you know which application (program) you use to check your mail? Is it INTERNET EXPLORER (the blue icon), or do you click on something else to access your mail?

Thank you. I will send you remote instructions in the next few minutes so I can connect and fix things for you. Please standby here on the website. I won't need to call your phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IE = just realised, I contacted you on Firefox, not IE, and am still on Firefox - just thought I should mention it

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0c925ea3-782b-410e-9f96-4ec559da70f9

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Open the Secure Remote Assistance client file on your computer - where do I find this ?

Marjorie,

After you click the agreement accept, you will download a file called ELSINORE. Just double click on it to run, and make sure to OK/Approve and messages or warnings that pop up. Let me know if you are still having trouble. Thanks.