Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Kindle is a 3.2.1 Can't download new up-date (see your

My Kindle is a 3.2.1 Can't download new up-date (see your email of 22 August) - my Kindle won't connect to my WiFi - although my computer is connected- it doesn't recognise my WiFi password. I have two books on order waiting to be downloaded. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact message you get when it fails to connect to the wifi network?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unable to connect to Wi-Fi Network. The password ***** entered is incorrect or invalid. Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "JohnLewisWirelessC18E01"
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

We can get the wifi password ***** the mac

To do this

Type Keychain Access into Spotlight search at the top-right menu

In the sidebar, make sure you click on Passwords, then search for the network you want the password ***** and double click on it.

Click on Show Password. Confirm your administrator username and password.

You may be prompted to enter your administrator name and password *****

The Wi-Fi password ***** appear in the text box next to Show Password.

Then use this on the Kindle.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ID 272 516 166
password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

you closed the program, you need to leave it open, please open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry - I'm utterly confused and I can't give any more time to this right now.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

no problem, let me now when you can resume please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK - I think I can cope with this now.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, please run Teamviewer again and provide me the ID and Password ***** leave the program open

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have downloaded Team viewer but I have not been given an ID or Password ***** the program has disappeared from my screen although I didn't close it. What I have is a message inviting me to do something for unattended access - I don't think I want that, do I?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

No its not, but maybe this is easier for you

Click this link, click I agree and run the file please.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f42d7b82-686b-40d2-9bd2-d7882c7e6e69

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I've done that and nothing is happening. Maybe I don't understand the language. I've read the four steps and clicked 'download the file again'.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

yes, then you need to run the file after downloading it please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Howq do I do that when there are no instructions on the screen? I've clicked the download button twice but nothing happens.
Sorry - I have no more time to spend on this problem. I wish to withdraw from the free trial and call it a day. thank you for trying to help but it's not working and I can't waste anymore time. There must be some SIMPLE way to get my Kindle up-dated but if not, not.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

You just c lick the file, like run ning any file

Else you need to do the instructions yourself

Then use this on the Kindle.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry, I have no more time to spend on this. Please cancel my free trial forthwith. Thank you for trying to help.