Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My ASUS with windows 10 will not boot up. Its stuck in a

Customer Question

My ASUS with windows 10 will not boot up. Its stuck in a loop. F9 does not work, but esc does, but this takes me to the boot manager screen, which I know nothing about, all I want to do is reset
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds down then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it now starts correctly.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it is still stuck on the black boot up screen,
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you power it off.

Then hold the LEFT shift and with it held, power it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu

Can you get to this menu?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still nothing, still stuck
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, on the boot screen do you see HDD?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just done the esc method and its saying "windows boot manager or enter set up"
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It is the hard drive that has faulted. The computer cannot see or communicate with it at all, and this is why it will not progress.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Asus to have the hard drive replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** can help me rest this laptop, its another ASUS windows 7 it will not let me reset to factory, its slow, sluggish and its about 6 years old can you help with this one, or can you securely connect to see where the problems are
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I can connect to see the issue, this is best as I can run a number of things to get it speeded up

I made the offer for this, it is normal price even though I am working on a second question from you

Please accept it and I can do this.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what do I need to do now that I have accepted your offer of remote assistance
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

the instructions I gave please, I repeated below

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry it took so long MY ID 822 009 669 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

no problem, connected