Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Unable to download emails

Customer Question

unable to download emails
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Are you using the Mac Mail app to access your AOL emails?

May I connect remotely to troubleshoot the issue with you now?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my account is hotmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you able to help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please confirm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i ask can you please confirm any action you are taking or you wish me to do
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please reply
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are you still there?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please accept my sincere apologies; I had gone away for a while when you replied back to me earlier.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify, how exactly do you access your Hotmail emails? Do you access it using your browser, or using any email program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what you mean sorry not very technical
i have a macbook and i click on my hotmail account
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, I see. May we go ahead with a quick remote session, so that I can connect directly to your screen and check the issue you are having with Hotmail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does that mean
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who can assist you further with this issue. You will be automatically notified when another expert picks this up; thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but can this be rectified
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Barun,

I am your new expert from here on and would like to help you to solve your issue. As my colleague already suggested, I would like to connect to your Mac via the internet so that I can see your screen and steer your computer and hence will be able to directly see and solve your problem this way. Is this something you would be interested in?

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does this mean and what do i have to do

This means that you have to install a software on your Mac that will allow the remote-connection. It is called AnyDesk and is easy to install. Afterwards, I will be able to connect to your Mac and solve the problem for you. I can then see your screen and use your keyboard and mouse, just like I would be sitting in front of your Mac. All you then have to do, is to relax and let me solve the problem for you. The extra costs for this premium service are 25$, is this acceptable for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the last time this happened your college was able to fix it without this and how much is 25 dollars as I have already paid

Yes, I understand, but please understand that we are independent experts and each expert can choose her/his own pricing. Personally, I am from Germany and have to pay health insurance and other expenses each month which other experts might not have to pay. In GBP, it should be ~19 pounds extra. For that I will solve the problem directly at your computer right now - even though it is Friday evening and very late. You surely do understand that this is a premium offer?

Surely I would be happy to help you by text too, but from your description, I have no idea right now what the actual problem is, hence I the other expert and me recommended to do a remote-assistance.

Just let me know what you would like to do please. I can also opt out from your question and open it for other experts again if you wish.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I assume that I have paid that my question and requesting for assistance will be valid for 7 days as you say its late and the college who handed this over to you did not respond to me for over an hour so the lateness i feel is not all one me

Yes, I just saw that indeed, but I am here now and can assist you all night long if needed, just let me know what you would like to do. If you want a remote-assistance, I can perform it right now for 19 GBP extra and there are no extra costs afterwards, regardless how long this will take. If you want it solved by text (which you´ve paid for in the beginning), I can forward this to othe experts again. However, I think a remote-assistance, as suggested by the previous expert, is indeed the best solution to get this working for you quickly again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how secure is all this?

The connection is fully encrypted via AnyDesk (SSL). Each time you move the mouse, I will have no more control over it. And you have to accept any incoming connection first. So, almost 100% secure.

That´s the program we would be using:

http://anydesk.com/remote-desktop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry why can't you advise me the actions to take?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my emails are going to my smart phone just not my macbook they are telling me they are down loading just not displaying but I can send emails from my macbook

Because I do not know what your exact problem and while the emails won´t download on your Mac from the informations you´ve provided so far. And since you already told the previous expert that you are "not very technical", he recommended the remote-assistance as well. I would need to analyze your system in many places to find out why this problem comes up. But before we keep on going in circles, should I just open up your question for other experts again? Since I understand you are not really interested in a remote-assistance and would not like to pay extra for it. Other experts might be able to help you via text instead. Just let me know please.

How should we go on please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ask

Sorry, please ask what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You asked me if you shld ask other experts and I replied - yes please
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. Since your email is currently working on your phone fine, then the issue is not with your email, but with your computer. This can be a complicated issue. Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly for you with the extra small amount as show?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shall hv to contact you on Monday but thank you for the offer - I will speak to you later, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why hv I been referred to someone else

I'm sorry. The reason is that the previous two experts have opted out; maybe they are not available at this time or tomorrow.

- Is there any error or message when accessing your email on the computer?

- Do you use the Mail stamp app icon for email on the computer? Or do use another email application, such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

- Also, if you go to the Hotmail.com website on the computer:

www.hotmail.com

, are you able to sign in your hotmail email account and see your email messages there?

OK, please get back to me when you are available to continue. Thank you,