Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Can simply opening an email infect mac with virus or malware

can simply opening an email infect mac with virus or malware if norton antivirus is running?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

This should not happen and you should be safe, but in some circumstances, like when new viruses come out and the virus scanner doesn´t know them yet, it can happen. However, this is a very rare case. Can you let me know which issues you are experiencing with your mac please?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. It was just a matter of general concern in that I carelessly opened a message purporting to come from a genuine bank, although it was not one I dealt with. I did not open any attachments or click on any links and deleted the email

Thank you for your answer as well. If you haven´t clicked anything in that email and just deleted it, you´ve done the absolutely right thing and nothing can happen to your Mac. In general you are more safe, because you are using a Mac and there are not as many viruses for Mac´s as there are for Windows. On top of that you are using a virus scanner. So the chances that you can suddenly be infected with a virus, are almost 0%, especially if you act as carefully like you just did (which is great, as most computer users don´t act as safe like you did). I´d say, you have nothing to worry about right now and are very well protected!

Can I help with anything else please?

If I was able to answer your question to your satisfaction, I would very happy about a positive rating (select 3 to 5 stars at the right top, then press "submit"), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

thank you for the kind rating, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me again, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great weekend and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck