Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have locked myself out of my ipad. It is now looking for

Hi, I have locked myself out of my ipad. It is now looking for mt apple ID and password ***** I cant remember what I used when I set my ipad up. Can you help me? Angela

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you unsure of the Apple ID email address or the password ***** both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi have not been able to get remote set up so can you talk me through what I need to do. Please make it as simple as you can because I am rubbish at this Ha ha
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that

Angela,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both

No problem!

You can find your Apple ID information here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

After you find your Apple ID email address, you can reset your password ***** clicking here: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!

Please let me know if you are having any issues otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years

You have requested for me to connect remotely to your computer to help you set or reset your apple id. Are you on a MAC or a PC (Windows)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pc windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okok thanks

Yes, my remote is running, but I don't yet see your connection.

Please follow the previous instructions. The program you'll download is called ESLINORE. You need to run that and OK/Approve any messages so it can run and I can connect to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi still waiting for help. Hope all is ok. Spoke with Josh earlier. He helped me to find my apple id and gave me the link to reset my password. Followed all instructions but my ipad still wont except the information and therefore I am still unable to unlock it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would appear that so far today I have spent £50 and am no further forward! Would someone please acknowledge me!

Hello again Angela,

As we discussed, you'll need to try to factory reset your ipad. Do you happen to know if this ipad was EVER synced with ITUNES? You mentioned connecting it to the computer. So, have you ever connected it and sync'd with itunes on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but there was some sort of message that indicated that i had requested to link to my iphone. dont have an iphone

OK. Then the please follow these steps:

1) UNPLUG your ipad from the computer, and put it aside for now.

2) On the computer, go to the link below, and click to DOWNLOAD itunes.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

3) Finish installing and running Itunes after download

4) When you have itunes running and on your screen, reply back to me for further instruction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have downloaded but cant see how to run it

Just go to your downloads, and double click on what you have downloaded. file is called itunes.

If you are using INTERNET EXPLORER (Blue E) , then hold down CTRL key and press letter J to get to the downloads.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
think ive done it

Step 1

Close Itunes if it is still open

Step 2

On the IPAD, Hold down the "Sleep/Wake" button for several seconds until a red slider appears. Move your finger across the slider to turn the iPad off.

Step 3

Connect the iPad to the computer while holding down the "Home" button to turn on the iPad.

Step 4

Release the "Home" button when you see a message that says, "Connect to iTunes."

Step 5

Launch iTunes. iTunes will alert you that it detects a device in Recovery Mode.

Step 6

Click "OK" and click "Restore" to reset the iPad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got the little itunes symbol but it wont do anything

You'll need to keep trying to get into recovery mode.

Here is a link that better describes the process (with pictures):

http://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-recovery-mode

Remember when you are holding the home button, you need to continue to hold it while you plug the ipad into the computer. If any step fails, you have to close out itunes if it is open, and repeat the steps from the beginning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your patience and support. Still haven't been successful but too tired now to continue. x

You can also try the instructions in this video. It's slightly different as you'll connect the ipad, then hold home and power. Of course, instead of a MAC, you'll be using your PC, but the procedure is about the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJanCW0goks