Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I changed my password last saturday for my yahoo btinternet

Customer Question

i changed my password ***** saturday for my yahoo btinternet address,on my sony viao computer and it works well on that computer, however it does not work on my mac .
Have been in touch with apple , they have triedto mae it work but cannot have asked me to contact you and they will call back at 2.30pm,,
Maureen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Maureen.

Exactly how do you access your email account on your mac? Via your web browser? Or via an email program such as Apple Mail?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i get it through google gmail and all mail comes
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, but this is for BTIntenet correct? Not Gmail?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all google and yahoo come this wayi am on Sony Viao, do yo need me to be on the mac so you can take that one over ?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

yes, please accept the offer and I will give you the instructions to do on the Mac so I can connect to it and fix this

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you on the Mac, go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard went through your instructions but cannot install as not accepting password!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, that is your Mac password, it is the one you use to sign in when you first start the mac

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
id333861156 pw 3441
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
lost you sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

its ok, enter the password ***** that gmail page now please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

you're most welcome Maureen