technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I am running Windows 10. After a recent update, I receive an

I am running Windows 10. After a recent update, I receive an error when trying to print to my HP LaserJet P1102. The printer appears in Devices, but seems to be linked to "LPT1". It is actually connected to a USB port. How do I connect the printer to the USB Port?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello Graham,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Have you already tried removing and unplugging the printer, and then plugging it back in to add again?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have removed the printer and re-installed it. I have downloaded what I think is the latest software. Nevertheless, the problem seems to be that the printer appears to be connected to LPT1, but is in fact connected to a USB port

Thank You. I will send remote instruction in the next few minutes.

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6ebfcd2d-c9a4-4dd3-8d1f-9b8b4e1b7c8a