Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

After a Windows 10 update my screen has reduced to 102 wide

after a Windows 10 update my screen has reduced to 102 wide by 72 high, so how do I get it bsack to full size please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is a Dell computer desktop and it is running Windows 10

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ffb13157-6222-4165-9b09-81f898277723
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you want me to do?

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/z4c4gyk

, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.

2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

http://tinyurl.com/z4c4gyk

Summary: It took some time for the update to finish, then you can adjust resolution in Settings / Control Panel.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My computer has twice today had to be "fixed" by me in the way you did it, and despite clicking on "keep this setting" I continue to get it reverting to the small screen whenever I log off and log on. This has only happened after a major "update" of Windows 10 from Microsoft, so that might well be the cause, but it is very frustrating and time consuming because ofter when I go to Control Panel, Display,it does not show me "advanced stettings" which is needed to change screen size. Thank you for your help. RDB

You're welcome. I'm sorry. Yes, the "major" Windows 10 update does cause some problems with older computer models. If it still keeps happening, you can remove that major update by doing the following:

1. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Settings (or click on the gear / wheel icon.)
  2. Then click on option Update & security.
  3. Then click on option Recovery.
  4. Then there, under the section Go back to an earlier build, click on Get started, and follow the steps there in order to go back to the previous Windows build version (in which your Solitaire game was working fine previously.)

- Note: This option is only available for 10 days after you do the recent update. So please use this solution as soon as possible if you need. Thank you,