Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

MY ACER E5-511 WILL AND DEPLAYS A THE MESSAGE' COMPUTER RAN

MY ACER E5-511 WILL AND DEPLAYS A THE MESSAGE ' COMPUTER RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEED TO RESTART ' THEN TRY TO RESTART. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE ?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY ACER E5-511 WILL NOT START
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does the screen with the error message, before the restart, have a blue background?

If so, it should mention a long obscure numeric error code, perhaps with a few letters in it and beginning with 0x or some such. ... If so, what is that error code, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has a blue backgound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer then restarts without any error message
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response.

It should mention a long obscure numeric error code, perhaps with a few letters in it and beginning with 0x or some such. ... If so, what is that error code, please?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What Windows version is on your Acer E5 laptop, please?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to suggest that you try booting the computer up in Safe Mode.

This esp. if you got to the login screen before you get the blue screen.

Turn the laptop On, and press the F8 key at the top of the keyboard, repeatedly and once a second at least, until you get the Safe Mode selection screen... if you have Windows 8 or Windows 10, this may no work at all. That's why I asked about your Windows version.

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience: 11 years experience
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Geoff,

I´ve taken your request for a remote-assistance as Russel already explained. For now, we should do a phone-call and once we´ve got your PC up running again, we can then also do a remote-assistance to make sure everything is fine. For now, can you please let me know which Windows version you are using and what´s a good time to call you?

Thank you and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck