Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Ive had the Acer Aspire desktop XC - 215 for around 18months

HI ive had the Acer Aspire desktop XC - 215 for around 18months and suddenly it will not start up and the monitor says no signal. But the desktop box starts up makes the usual noise, fan etc but the power light does not come on. Load a disc in and it goes through the loading noises but still nothing on the monitor which also has power.
PLease help!!
Regrads Steve

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ready

unplug the monitor cable from the computer as well as monitor back and then reconnect it, make sure its connected properly and then power on the pc.

No keyboard or mouse or any external device must be connected to the computer.

let me know if you get anything on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that still the same

do you get "no signal" on the monitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Monitor has power and says no signal

That means the monitor is good and there is a problem with the cpu box.

To investigate further and identify the root cause we will have to open the side cover let me know if that is fine with you if you have opened a cpu earlier.

Please note: The is a risk of shock hazard let me know if you are comfortable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ye fine with that as I'm an electrician!

ok good.

I want you to remove the side panel cover and when you do that unplug the power cable from the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that

remove the RAM must be vertically installed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RAM being the PCB board that plugs in, if so done that

Ram is this the one you took out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now connect only the power cable to the cpu box and power on the pc and let me know if you hear any beep.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no beeps

When there is not RAM install the motheboard should beep with 3 long beep codes.

Motherboard fails when RAM is not detected with no beep codes.

you will have to get the motherboard repaired or replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just another bit of info, the power on/off button doesn't light up when operated

The motherboard is not receiving any power from the smps in that case when you power it on do you hear smps fan moves or the fan on the motherboard moves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ye the fan kicks in and the power button does turn the pc on and off

The fan starts and stops in few seconds correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ye power off and fan stops....power on fans starts

Sorry to say but the Problem identified is the mother board which has a problem you need to get it repaired or replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for trying.

Hardware issue can be diagnosed and identified however it cannot be fixed till its repaired.

I hope you understand.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service and effort.Thank you