Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Locked up my acer iconia one 7 tablet how to unlock it

locked up my acer iconia one 7 tablet how to unlock it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What shows on the screen that indicates the tablet is locked, please?

What preceded your having locked the tablet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have tried puting in a series of numbers and it will say wrong number-you can only do this 3 times-then it says wait 30 seconds before trying again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
should I try rebooting?

That sounds familiar to me.

No, restarting can be tried, but not with much expectation of a cure - it will still be locked after it restarts, I think you will find.

The question is: how did this start? what does the prompt say, originally, before you input 3 sets of numbers and says wait 30 seconds ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was putting in my information and I got locked out

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

What information were you putting in? when you got locked out.

And what does the lock screen say? just 'locked enter password'? or what?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i get to entering my pin number which i realy can't rember- then wrong number-try again

OK, so you have a PIN lockout.

Since you have clearly forgotten what it was, and have no note of it, then if you cannot remember the basis of it or anything about it by thinking back, you will (I am sorry to say it) have to reset and wipe the tablet of all data and configuration individual to you, in order to get access to the tablet as a device again.

Are you willing to suffer loss of all data on the tablet, as the price of accessing the tablet once again?

If so, I can instruct you. Let me know if you need the instructions for the Factory Reset and Data Wipe procedure. Thanks.