Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Windows 10 has just been up-dated on my PC, and now I cannot

Customer Question

Windows 10 has just been up-dated on my PC, and now I cannot load AOL desk top. What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Do you still see the icon for aol desktop, if so what happens when you click it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the aol icon but nothing happens when I click it.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Ok here is what I would like you to try first. Please click the windows start button the bottom left, next choose all apps. Find AOL and try clicking it from there and see if it opens.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

If you do not see all apps, the list of your programs should be on the right side after clicking the start button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot find apps or list of programs
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that something went wrong during the install but I would need to have a look, I sent through an offer for remote support, if you accept I will connect to the computer and sort this out for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK What do I do now?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

To get connected please click here next follow the instructions to download and run the connection program. If you are using chrome you should see the download on the bottom left, it is called elsinore screen connect, double click on this and allow it to run. If windows pops up a security alert you can just X out of that.