Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I need a digitally signed driver for my rv510 as mouse not

Customer Question

i need a digitally signed driver for my rv510 as mouse not working.
windows reports error
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the mouse please?

And the exact wording of the message you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lap top is Samsung RV510.
The problem is with the mousepad driver.Elan P/s Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) 64 bit system
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

Now type the following and press Enter:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then restart and it should now work.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id 604 714 668 password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connected

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has not worked and I have test mode on screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you run teamviewer again please and provide me the password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
604 714 668 1771
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats gone from screen ok...mouse still not working????
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you connect the mouse into a different USB port, does it then work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry think we have crossed wires..its not an external mouse but the built in mouse pad,I have used the Samsung re store
and mouse pad works all the way through to the end but when all done then no mouse pad.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

When did it stop working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to doing the re store I was getting the yellow triangle on device manager for mouse pad when i looked into it i got
the windows message re digital signature required....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the driver is ok as it is part of windows. So is pointing to a hardware failure.

But it could have been a failed restore.

Run the restore again to ensure the drivers get loaded and let me know if this then clears it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a hardware failure...All I need is to download a new driver which is digitally signed as it would appear that the one supplied
within the "restore" is not suitable for a 64bit system.Do you have same or a link to where I can download it???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok.. but note the recovery installs the drivers, the correct ones, the same ones as the ones here

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-RV510-A01US

It is nothing to do with 32 or 64 bit, the drivers as part of the recovery are signed, else they would not be put into the recovery image.

The fact that it faulted requiring you to do the restore further points to this, but you can download them from the link I gave above.